Thank you to everyone for your loyalty, trust, support and care throughout 2020. Thanks to our amazing team, our valued clients and referrers. Without you nothing would be possible.
Here is a thank you video from our founder Mr Nicholas J. Scullion which you can view on our linkedin business page here.
2020 has been a year like no other, full of ups and downs, highs and lows. It has been challenging for many reasons and our love, support, prayers and hearts go out to anyone in the world affected by the virus and for anyone in the community who has lost their jobs or a loved one during the pandemic.
It has been a difficult year.
Thankfully as a business we have been very fortunate. January started off very strong, March – June were scary, but then things gradually started to pick up again. We are now busier than ever and are expanding our private client and family department. We have taken on 4 new employees already this year in our criminal team and we continue to work hard and do our best despite the restrictions and challenges faced by us all. We hope that 2021 is a more positive year for everyone around the world.
We are a very close team and really miss seeing each other in the office every day. Normally this time of year is super fun but this year it feels slightly different. Sadly we are not able to be together like normal but that has not stopped us doing regular zoom meetings to feel connected. However, it certainly is not the same.
Our team have all been super flexible and hard working.
Everyone has adapted really well to working from home (despite the circumstances) and we were able to pivot so quickly at the start of the pandemic.
Everyone was given laptops and everything else that they required. We now enjoy working from home and know the office is there when it is safe for us all to return.
Over the last few months, when things were quieter, we used the time carefully to strengthen our processes and improve our systems by working tightly together. It is all about team work.
Nicholas our MD (who sadly caught covid early on) has been an exceptional leader throughout. He was even working from his sick bed. Scullion LAW is his life and he puts everything into it. As do his supportive team. We know how much the success of the business means to everyone – we are like a large extended family. Nicholas in particular has been inspirational and we could not have got through this incredibly challenging year without his enthusiasm, positivity, encouragement, care and support.
So thank you Nicholas from all of us for leading us to safety. We hope that 2021 brings everyone health, peace and happiness.
Thank you also to each and everyone who contributes to the success of Scullion LAW. ONE TEAM ONE DREAM.
Individually you all make a positive difference and we would not be where we are without you!!
We have had a positive year overall thanks to the hard work put in by our all of our team.
We have experienced incredible loyalty from our valued clients & referrers!! THANK YOU.
There have been various positives throughout 2020 as summarised below.
At the start of the year we all went roller skating which was GREAT FUN but now we all meet on ZOOM from the comfort of home.
We certainly miss the BUZZ of being around each other, laughing, chatting and the general chit chat being in an office brings.
Hopefully it will not be too long until we can all meet up and hang out.
HEALTH & WELL BEING
- Well being is at the core of who we are
- We encourage everyone to talk about their mental health
- We are all excited for Xmas break and excited for a fresh 2021
- Everyone within the team truly deserves a well earned peaceful holiday
- All of our work is being done electronically which has been good for business
- Our office will be closed for 2 full weeks from 24 Dec – 6 January 2021
- Urgent calls can be taken via our main reception 0141 374 2121
- We were listed as a Legal 500 UK recommended law firm
- We finalised for a Scottish Legal Award Family Team of the Year
- Our Private Client Team WON a national Fundraising Excellence Award
- Watch the moment we received our award at the virtual charity event here
- We raised over £230,000 of future income for Marie Curie Scotland
- We donated PPE & hand sanitiser to Marie Curie and NHS staff on the front line
- We created over 300 FREE Wills in aid of Marie Curie and for NHS and carers
- We received an incredible video of thanks from Marie Curie (which you can access here)
- Diana walked 28 miles of the West Highland Way (virtual Kiltwalk) raising over £644
- Some of us donated our Secret Santa money and handed in items to Hamilton Foodbank
- We have bought some Alzheimer Scotland face coverings and Diana took part in 12 days of fitmas
- Judith and her family also did a scavenger hunt in aid of Marie Curie (as part of the virtual Kiltwalk)
The whole team have been very active on social media such as linkedin, instagram, twitter and facebook. We are delighted to have organically grown our audience across all platforms.
- Scullion LAW Instagram went from 353 followers in March to 1341 December
- Scullion LAW Facebook remained more or less the same with 2901 followers
- Scullion LAW Road Traffic facebook also remained the same with 2111 followers
- Twitter we saw growth and more engagement from an audience of 1765 to 2057 followers
- Linkedin is where we have seen the most activity and growth from 370 in March to 929 followers in December
- Overall our following across all of the channels (not including contacts) is 9,339 so thank you everyone who follows us
Our team have been working really hard on reviews and we have an average of 4.9
MILESTONES / RECRUITMENT/ EXPANSION / PROMOTIONS
- Emma Wright qualified as a solicitor
- Stuart Gilmour qualified as a paralegal
- The firm celebrated 41 years in business
- Nicholas Scullion celebrated 15 years with the firm
- Gemma Brown celebrated 18 years with the firm
- Shanna McDiarmid celebrated 15 years with the firm
- Kris Buchanan celebrated 12 years with the firm
- Alana Arthur celebrated 8 years with the firm
- Charmaine Trainor celebrated 7 years with the firm
- Diana McLeish celebrated 7 years with the firm
- Stacey Hamilton celebrated 8 years with the firm
- We recruited 4 new members to our criminal team – Urfan, Hazel, Anna and Lucy
- We are recruiting for a Family Law Paralegal and a Private Client Paralegal/ Solicitor to join us in 2021
- Diana & Judith got promoted to Executive Director at the start of the year
- Urfan also got promoted to Senior Associate
- Gordon joined the Law Society of Scotland Trust & Succession Law Sub Committee
- Judith got re- accredited as a family law specialist via the law society of Scotland
THANK YOU TO THOSE WHO HAVE COVERED OUR UPDATES ACHIEVEMENTS THROUGHOUT THE YEAR
- Hamilton Advertiser
- West End Today
- Scottish Legal News
- Legal Matters
- Glasgow Chamber of Commerce
- The Journal
- Law Society
- Go Radio
- Glasgow Live
- Daily Record
- The National
- Evening Times
HERE ARE SOME COVERAGE HIGHLIGHTS
NON PAID FOR (PR)
- And this time last year (Dec 2019 ) https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/scullion-law-celebrate-tenth-year-21074946
WE WANT TO TAKE THIS OPPORTUNITY TO WISH EVERYONE A SAFE, HAPPY AND HEALTHY 2020. WE ARE HERE FOR YOU IF YOU NEED US.
YOUR LAW FIRM FOR LIFE
0141 374 2121